- How do I set up an account with Cryptopia?
- Do I need to be verified?
- How do I increase my verification level?
- I'm not receiving emails from Cryptopia (including verification)
- Are there any specific requirements for ID documents?
- What is ReCaptcha and why isn’t it working?
- What fees does Cryptopia charge and how do I see them?
- How do I reset my password?
- Are there any account limits for trading, deposits or withdrawals?
- What is a cryptocurrency wallet?
Deposits, Transfers & Withdrawals
- How do I make a deposit to Cryptopia?
- How do I deposit from other sites or wallets?
- Can I deposit into my Cryptopia account using NZD$?
- Can I deposit into my Cryptopia account using my local currency (I don't live in NZ)?
- Why hasn’t my deposit arrived in my Cryptopia Account?
- How do I make a withdrawal?
- Why can't I enter a Withdraw Address?
- How do I withdraw from other sites or wallets?
- How do I make a transfer?
- What countries do you operate in?
- Is Cryptocurrency safe?
- A coin I hold is being delisted – what do I do?
- How do I close/deactivate/delete my account?
- How can I change my registered email address?
- Why isn't my balance available?
- What does it mean when a wallet is in maintenance?
- What are Blockchain Confirmations?
- What are referrals, how do they work and how do I track them?
New Coin Listings
- Cryptopia Lists Lina Review (LINA)
- Cryptopia Lists Bitcoin Green (BITG)
- Cryptopia Lists DeviantCoin (DEV)
- Cryptopia Lists Vice Industry Token (VIT)
- Cryptopia Lists Experience Points (XP)
- Cryptopia Lists Blocknet (BLOCK)
- Cryptopia Lists Bitmark (MARKS)
- Cryptopia Lists ElectraCoin (ECA)
- Cryptopia Lists Magnet (MAG)
- Cryptopia Lists BitZeny (ZNY)
Pending Coin Delistings
- Syndicate (SYNX) Delisting Notice (23/04/18)
- Centra (CTR) Delisting Notice (10/04/18)
- DFSCoin (DFS) Delisting Notice (10/04/18)
- DNotes (NOTE) Delisting Notice (10/04/18)
- GoldReserve (XGR) Delisting Notice (29/03/18)
- PosWallet (POSW) Delisting Notice (29/03/18)
- FazzCoin (FAZZ) Delisting Notice (29/03/18)
- CryptoForecast (CFT) Delisting Notice (28/03/18)
How do I set up an account with Cryptopia?
Below are step by step instructions to help you set up an account with Cryptopia.
#1. Click on the 'Register' button at the top right hand corner.
#2. Create a Username for your account and nominate an Email Address.
Please take the following into consideration when selecting your Email Address:
- Use a permanent email address to which you have a reliable access
- Make sure it is not connected to any other Cryptopia account; and
- is unique to Cryptopia and not used on any other cryptocurrency service, exchange or site. This email address will be used for account verification and registration completion, its secure integrity is important.
- Make sure that your email account as well as information and credentials associated with it, have not been compromised. We recommend using available online tools (e.g. https://haveibeenpwned.com/) and regularly checking it.
#3. Create a 'Password' for your account.
Make sure you use a unique password which you do not use for anything else. Cryptopia has strict minimum password requirements for the security of user accounts and these are case sensitive.
PLEASE NOTE: For your password to meet Cryptopia minimum password requirements it must be a minimum of 8 characters long, and include at least one of each of the following:
- 1 Uppercase letter;
- 1 Lowercase letter;
- 1 Special character; and
- 1 number.
#4.Click the 'I agree to the Terms & conditions' box and 'I'm not a robot' box and finally the 'Create Account' button.
#6. After you complete registration, a confirmation email will be sent to your nominated Email Address.
#7. Open the email and click on the 'Verify My Email Address' link in the email.
PLEASE NOTE: This link expires after several hours, so please check for the email and make sure you successfully activate your account soon after registering. These can sometimes go to 'junk', 'spam' or 'promotional' folders so ensure you check all folders.
#8. Your Email Address will now be verified and you will be prompted to log in using firstly your Email Address, secondly your case sensitive Password and finally your dynamic unique 6 digit Two Factor Authentication (2FA) Email Code, which will be automatically sent to your registered Email Address.
PLEASE NOTE: The unique Email Code will expire after 15 minutes.
#9. Your account is now set up and you are ready to begin trading!
PLEASE NOTE: If you login from a new IP address, you will be prompted to enter a dynamic unique code that will be emailed to your registered email address every time you sign in (Email Two Factor Authentication). Email will become your default Two Factor Authentication for every login after that.
What do I do if I am experiencing registration issues?
- If you can't find the registration email, it may be filtered into a different alternative folder within your inbox (i.e. junk, spam or promotional). These folders often do not sync with mobile apps or email clients. We suggest that you log onto your webmail if possible and perform a thorough search.
- We are aware that some ISP email providers and customized domains, reject or defer some of our automated emails. This may either cause delay, or you may not receive them at all. If you have not received a Cryptopia email you are expecting, you should try and whitelist this email – email@example.com with your provider, in addition to contacting Cryptopia Support describing the issue so we can check and confirm if we can assist.
- If the link is not clickable, this is likely due to a compatibility issue with the browser or email client you’re using. If possible, try using a different browser or client to view the email, and if you still cannot get it to work, please contact Cryptopia Support and we can manually activate your account.
- If after clicking the link, you get a message on Cryptopia saying "You are not authorized to view this area", this indicates the link has expired. If this occurs, please contact Cryptopia Support, and we can manually activate your account.
Please see this article to help troubleshoot if you do not receive your email verification.