- How do I set up an account with Cryptopia?
- Do I need to be verified?
- How do I increase my verification level?
- I'm not receiving emails from Cryptopia (including verification)
- Are there any specific requirements for ID documents?
- What is ReCaptcha and why isn’t it working?
- What fees does Cryptopia charge and how do I see them?
- How do I reset my password?
- Are there any account limits for trading, deposits or withdrawals?
- What is a cryptocurrency wallet?
Deposits, Transfers & Withdrawals
- How do I make a deposit to Cryptopia?
- How do I deposit from other sites or wallets?
- Can I deposit into my Cryptopia account using NZD$?
- Can I deposit into my Cryptopia account using my local currency (I don't live in NZ)?
- Why hasn’t my deposit arrived in my Cryptopia Account?
- How do I make a withdrawal?
- Why can't I enter a Withdraw Address?
- How do I withdraw from other sites or wallets?
- How do I make a transfer?
- What countries do you operate in?
- Is Cryptocurrency safe?
- A coin I hold is being delisted – what do I do?
- How do I close/deactivate/delete my account?
- How can I change my registered email address?
- Why isn't my balance available?
- What does it mean when a wallet is in maintenance?
- What are Blockchain Confirmations?
- What are referrals, how do they work and how do I track them?
New Coin Listings
- Cryptopia Lists Lina Review (LINA)
- Cryptopia Lists Bitcoin Green (BITG)
- Cryptopia Lists DeviantCoin (DEV)
- Cryptopia Lists Vice Industry Token (VIT)
- Cryptopia Lists Experience Points (XP)
- Cryptopia Lists Blocknet (BLOCK)
- Cryptopia Lists Bitmark (MARKS)
- Cryptopia Lists ElectraCoin (ECA)
- Cryptopia Lists Magnet (MAG)
- Cryptopia Lists BitZeny (ZNY)
Pending Coin Delistings
- Syndicate (SYNX) Delisting Notice (23/04/18)
- Centra (CTR) Delisting Notice (10/04/18)
- DFSCoin (DFS) Delisting Notice (10/04/18)
- DNotes (NOTE) Delisting Notice (10/04/18)
- GoldReserve (XGR) Delisting Notice (29/03/18)
- PosWallet (POSW) Delisting Notice (29/03/18)
- FazzCoin (FAZZ) Delisting Notice (29/03/18)
- CryptoForecast (CFT) Delisting Notice (28/03/18)
How do I increase my verification level?
How do I increase my Verification Level to LEVEL 2?
If you wish to increase the Level 1 Verification daily limit imposed on withdrawals and transfers, you need to apply for Level 2 Verification.
LEVEL 2 VERIFICATION LIMIT is currently the equivalent of $50,000 NZD per 24 hours*.
*PLEASE NOTE: a '24 hour period' means 24 hours from your first withdrawal or transfer. For example, if you make a withdrawal at 4pm on the 8th of Jan, your 24 hour period for that amount runs until 3.59 pm 9th of Jan. The next 24 hour period will commence with your next withdrawal or transfer.
Applications for Level 2 Verification must be made via our website and be compliant with International Anti-Money Laundering Law (AML) provisions. You must be over 18 years of age at the time of application and ensure you hold necessary identification documentation.
To apply for an increased Verification Level, please follow the steps outlined below:
#1. Log in to your Cryptopia account
#2. Go to 'User Verification'
PLEASE NOTE: You will see that your account is already LEVEL 1 VERIFIED
#3. Complete all details in the form including:
- First name (same characters as ID, ex. 李四 is shown on ID, 李四 must also be entered in the registration form; Li Si is not sufficient);
- Last Name (same character as ID);
- Birthday (DD/MM/YYYY format);
- Address (PO Box or non-specific address is not acceptable).
#4. Upload your Identification Documentation. AML Law requires either a Government issued current Passport, or Drivers License, or Government issued Identity Card.
PLEASE NOTE: Documentation must display your photo, full name and date of birth - if this information is located on the back and front of your Identity Card or Drivers License we advise you to upload the documentation so that all information is displayed clearly in the one image.
PLEASE NOTE: The file size limit for uploads is 4MB. We will not accept any identification that has expired. Please ensure the image is clear and features such as the Identification Documentation text are identifiable.
#5. Upload a clear photo of you holding your uploaded Identification Documentation.
PLEASE NOTE: Please make sure your camera is clean and you are entirely visible in the photo. We cannot accept photos where we cannot see your face. You must hold your identification open to ensure the photo, full name and date of birth are visible.
The file size limit for uploads is 4MB. Please ensure the image is clear and features such as the Identification Documentation text are identifiable. Your photos must not be edited in anyway.
#6. Tick the 'I accept the Terms and Conditions' box.
#7. Click on 'Submit'.
PLEASE NOTE: You must be at least 18 years of age at the time of application.
What happens now?
Once we have received your Application for Level 2 Verification, our team will review your application. If the application is approved, you will be notified via email.
If your application is rejected, you will be notified by email with a reason for the rejection. You will need to address the issue outlined in the email (for example, identification documentation, quality of photo etc) and resubmit your application by following the same process as the above.
How do I increase my Verification level to LEVEL 3?
Cryptopia users who require a $500,000+ NZD daily withdrawal limit will need to contact the Cryptopia Support team to request Verification Level 3 on their account.
Please ensure the 'Category' of your ticket is 'Acount' and the 'Subcategory' is LEVEL 3 VERIFICATION REQUEST as this will allow for the ticket to be addressed by the right support team member.
PLEASE NOTE: LEVEL 3 VERIFICATION LIMIT is currently the equivalent of $500,000 NZD per 24 hour period.